Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Project 365 - On the Rails

There is no train station in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.  You step off the train and there you are.  Pretty much nowhere.

I was born and raised not far from here. Growing up in a sleepy little town steeped in New England heritage and family history.  I left in 1978 and have lived in Pennsylvania ever since.  But, to me, this is still home.

A woman got off the train right behind me.  She spent some time pawing through her bag and eventually she pulled what looked like a map out.  She looked at it for a while. Eventually she turned to me and asked me if the bus came by here.  I paused. I was trying to be kind.  There has never been a bus anywhere near here.  She read my look and said she understood, I must not be from around here either. No, I said, I guess not.

1 comment: