Thursday, April 28, 2011

Project 365 - Lost

I got lost today.  I was out looking for the new barns that my brother had told me were being constructed somewhere near Rising's Corner.  I took the wrong road.

I don't know how long it has been since I pointed my car toward Rising's Corner.  I used to ride along with my Mom to the orchard that was there when I was young. Every fall we would go to buy Macintosh apples for applesauce.  We would go into the cold storage, where the crisp, sweet, smell of fresh apples greeted us.  Fall in Connecticut.

But, today I have taken the wrong road, overshooting Rising's Corner and crossing out of fall memories and into spring in Massachusetts.  I thought I should turn around, but I resisted the easy route home and continued on.  Over the mountain, following the unfamiliar.

I came around a bend, passed an out of season Christmas tree farm and there it was.  The place I meant to go all along, never lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment