Friday, March 25, 2011

Project 365 - Pieces of Light

How is it that something so simple and small can light my way through the largest and most complicated places?

A little better than a year a go, I had spinal surgery.  In preparation, I did a lot of reading on non-medical support for healing.  I learned about cyrstals and the amazing power and beauty the earth produces from heat and presure and rock.  I learned about meditation and the healing strength that resides deep within each of us.  I deepened my yoga practice and pushed to tone my muscles and spirit in anticipation of being still.

And yet, the healing that I received from the simple act of lighting a candle every evening, in the end, is what I remember most.  The gentle pieces of light that illuminated the rest and took me back to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment