Sunday, January 16, 2011

Project 365 - Morning Light

I am not a morning person. There are times that I wish I were.  Something about the fabled peace that occurs before the sun comes up.  An opportunity to prepare for the day ahead.  Centering mind, body and spirit.  It all sounds so purposeful.  The right way to do things. Beginning at the beginning.

But, my natural rhythm  is on the other side of the day.  Even as a little kid I would be awake at odd times of the night.  The rule was that I had to stay in bed.  I often would turn on my light, pull out a book and read until sleep finally came to draw me in.

As an adult, I have tried to adhere to the common sense rule of bed at a "reasonable" hour.  It has never lasted very long.

On occasion, though, I do get a glimpse of what I am missing. And it is glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment