Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Project 365 - Year of the Rabbit


The year of the Rabbit officially begins on February 3rd. I am ready for it now. According to those much more learned in these things than I, the year of the Rabbit is a year to catch your breath...to heal. It is suggested that this year be spent focusing on creating a safe and peaceful lifestyle. I am all over that.

2010 has been a year best left in my rear view. I lost my mother in 2010. A life force of joy, optimism, stubborness, and strength, my mother lived the way I hope to live. One day at a time, doing the best that she could with whatever life handed her. Sometimes it was wonderful, like the serendipitous week-end trip to Paris with my sister. Sometimes it was painful beyond measure, like the loss of her first born at the age of 5.

And so it went. A crazy quilt of a life. I grew up in the presence of grace. A loss immeasurable.

I welcome the rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment